CATS to hold public meetings on route changes
By Steve Lyttle | The Charlotte Observer
Charlotte Area Transit System is planning a series of open-house style meetings over the next few weeks to inform the public about a series of proposed changes in bus routes, including some of the system’s most popular lines.
The meetings begin with two sessions on Tuesday.
“Many of the proposals are to implement recommendations included in the Countywide Transit Services Plan,” said Pamela White, CATS manager of service development.
She said the changes also involve routes on East Independence Boulevard, because the N.C. Department of Transportation is scheduled to begin a widening project on the road this summer.
People can drop in at the meetings any time. They will be able to meet with CATS officials, ask questions and give feedback.
“We encourage our riders to attend the meetings, to share their feedback on proposed route adjustments,” White said.
The schedule: Tuesday
• 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.: Charlotte Mecklenburg Main Library’s Francis Auditorium, 310 N. Tryon St.; for changes on Routes 17, 40X, 46X, 51X, 64X, 65X, 74X, and Gold Rush.
• 5:30-7 p.m.: Hickory Grove library branch, 5935 Hickory Grove Road (at Harris Boulevard); for changes on Routes 9, 23, 29, 40X, 46X, 222.
• 5:30-7 p.m.: Morrison Regional Library, 7015 Morrison Blvd.; for changes on Routes 18, 20, 29.
• 5:30-7 p.m.: Matthews library branch, 230 Matthews Station St., for changes on Routes 17, 64X, 94 and a proposed new route.
• 6-7:30 p.m.: Independence Regional Library, 6000 Conference Drive; for changes on Routes 17, 51X, 64X, 65X, 74X and 221.
For Email Marketing you can trust
|Other Ways to Share|
Tournament Week Events
Browse our growing list of events and family fun during CIAA week.
Nightlife & Gala Events
Got nothing to do? Find out what's happening on the Qcity social scene.
Arts & Culture Events
Museums, concert halls, theaters and more -- Charlotte has it all.
Music, Poetry & Comedy
Looking for live entertainment? Find your kind of fun on our events page.